h my flight (thank God for awesome roommates who will wake you up and drive you to the airport at ungodly hours!), I landed in NYC seven hours later to have dinner with a group of college friends at a Mexican restaurant that was apparently in the middle of nowhere (but uber convenient for me to get back to the airport :)). NYC Dinner @ El Parador CafeMy flight routed me through London Heathrow (it was my first time there, and I hope I never fly through Heathrow every again – it really is the most confusing airport I have ever had the displeasure of walking through) and then finally to Munich. SO GLAD my flight was on Saturday – apparently it started snowing on Sunday in London and half the flights were cancelled – another reason to never fly through Heathrow, it shuts down with just an inch or two of snow.
Living in Munich: So I’ve only been around for roughly two days, but I’m already in love with Munch. Aside from the fact that German food is just as terrible as I remember it from my Berlin trip, the weather is literally ten degrees or lower here right now, and I speak absolutely zero German, it’s great. Typical German meal (had this on Sunday at a beerhall / restaurant):
My apartment is roughly two feet big – please come visit, you can stay in a hotel , kidding! The location of the apt, however, is amazing (except it’s roughly 45 mins away from work) – within a block is a Tacos y Tequila restaurant as well as other cafes. Luckily Munich is fairly international regarding cuisines so I won’t starve for the next six months. Apparently, a number of Vietnamese people live in Munich (I go to Vietnamese restaurants so that I can read the menu and know what I am eating), so I’ve made friends with a local shop-owner who offered to have her son (who conveniently has a lot of time on his hands and happens to be 22 yrs old. Haha) take me around if I got bored or needed a guide.
Touring Munich: I expect there will be many more posts regarding Munich and its surrounding areas, but here’s a first glance. Stumbled across Marienplatz after going to a Catholic mass in German that lasted for 30 mins (short and sweet, and apparently anyone who is religiously affiliated has to pay a tax to the Church here); picture below of Marienplatz, the center of Munich:
Tomorrow, off to Jordan to see Grace!
No comments:
Post a Comment