So what have I been up to lately? Not too much, I love my life here in Europe. I hang out and travel...A LOT! I went to a Euro night/dance club last week called Club Watt where dancing on the dance floor(s) generates electricity for the club. how cool is that?! By the way, one thing I learned is that you just wear SNEAKERS to clubs...I realized why after 5 hours of dancing in heels! I also went to Utrecht, another picturesque town in Holland. This is a picture in front of one of the many beautiful churches in Holland. In Utrecht, there are a ton of second-hand shops. You could find old clothes (I even thought of buying some clothes/shoes but it didn't fit), old movies, old electronics, teapots, and whatever else you could possibly ever need! I realized Dutch people are VERY thrifty.
So other than Utrecht, I went on a boat tour through the Rotterdam harbor (the second busiest port in the world! used to be busiest but Shanghai took its spot several years ago). It was a pretty classy affair...there was a mini-bar inside the boat! I think I may try and go on an extended tour to get more insight into the shipping industry here in Rotterdam.
Anyways, moving on, this weekend I went to a tennis tournament here in Rotterdam. It was the ABN-AMRO (a Dutch Bank) Tennis Tournament. I watched the quarterfinals where Rafael Nadal (currently #1 ranked tennis player) played against Jo-Wilfred Tsonga. It was a rather good match, a very tight game. Nadal wins (but to my delight, loses the tournament in the finals...I'm not a very big Nadal fan, he's constantly pulling at his underpants in games amongst other things). Another thing I did this weekend was to throw a Valentine's Day Party for the exchange students. It was good times; I turned my common room into a mini dance floor. I even decorated my apartment, which explains why my roommate and I are sitting with heart-shaped pillows in the picture below. Lastly, I don't think I ever gave you an idea of my life here in Rotterdam. I live in the middle of a shopping center, an entire shopping mall is right outside my door.

I have my own room and share an apartment with my roommate. Here's a picture of me with my roommate. As mentioned in an earlier post, we get along really well. We cook together pretty often, and I feel have gotten to know her very well. She's from the island of Curacao and I am already planning to go visit one day. Anyways, life is good, for sure. I hope all is well with you.
Lots of love from abroad! Stay tuned for Prague and Berlin...
No comments:
Post a Comment